Saturday, April 28, 2012

Family Trends

As I have read and learned more about today's modern trends on the family I have discovered that the family unit is quickly disintegrating all around the world. Something that I have found most interesting is that cohabitation although is thought to help people see if they are compatible before marriage does not help marriages last longer in fact the opposite is true. Another thing I found interesting was that for a long time people have been worried about over population and because of this people are having smaller and smaller families. The main source of over population is the elderly who are living longer. The problem with this is that we are headed into a society that has more elderly than children that are being born. This leads to all sorts of economical problems and a future problem of under population. An interesting fact my teacher shared with the class was that if we were to give every family on the Earth an acre of land we would fill the entire state of Texas. If we were to give each person an acre of land we would fill Brazil. This really changed my perspective on over population, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment