Sunday, July 15, 2012

Divorce

This was our last week of class and I learned some pretty interesting information. Although my parents have never divorced I have had divorce effect me in a more indirect way. My grandparents on my mom's side divorced when she was about 10yrs old. Because of this experience and how she grew up it directly effected her own family as an adult. Some of the things that have effected our family due to my mothers childhood experience would be that she doesn't like to have family dinners. She also had a a lot of fears of getting married and although this was hard for her to overcome, she did and made sure that her children wouldn't suffer from those same fears. I know that divorce is never easy on a family and sometimes we can't avoid the effect it has on generations. I think it's important to acknowledge the past, but also to remember that you can change your future and be the writer of your own destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment