Thursday, July 12, 2012

Parenting

While learning about parenting and what its purpose is I learned that parents are responsible to protect and prepare their children to survive and thrive in the world they live. I began to think about my parents and how they fulfilled this role in my life, and I came to the conclusion that parents are not perfect and although they never do anything exactly right overall they completed their goal. I always felt protected and when I left home my parents made me believe that I could face whatever I don't want to make the same mistakes as either of our parents, but I also know that they did somethings that I do want to continue in my family. Learning about parenting styles I realized that they do tend to change over time and that is natural. As parents and children go through different stages of life it makes sense that how we think and react to things will change as well. Research has shown that authoritative parenting is the most effective. Authoritative parenting is when you give your children high autonomy,  but not without a clear set of boundaries and rules that are expected to be followed. This parenting style also requires a lot of healthy communication and explaining why you do things not just demanding they listen. I hope I will be able to do this and be a good mother and wife someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment